Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Night of Memories

Last night Pat and Buddy sat down by one another and we filmed them telling "Their Story". They talked about where they were born, raised, how they met, the birth of their kids and a whole slew of funny stories along the way! We recorded them talking until the memory cards could hold no more! It was so neat to see that sparkle in Pat's eyes as she spoke of her love for her husband, her kids and grandkids. She is such a warm and loving individual. Although the cancer may be causing deterioration to her physical frame her spirit is still strong and her love continues to spill out towards all around her! It was such a special night that we will all treasure...and the videos will be a great treasure for everyone!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several occasions to spend in short conversation with Pat and have overwhelmingly felt the love that this sweet lady has for her entire family. I am sure that I have never met a woman (or person, for that matter) who loves her children more than Pat or who gives as selflessly to all those around her. I am most grateful for the daughter she raised, who I am so blessed to have as my neighbor and one of my dearest and most cherished friends. Just saying thank you underscores the amazing gift I was given when Cindy came into my life. Pat, for you to have raised such an amazingly, selfless and compassionate daughter, such as Cindy, can only be indicative of one thing; that you exude those traits yourself. You truly define what a daughter of God should be. You have influenced not only the generations in your own family, but in so many countless others, including mine, because of the righteous way in which you raised your children, who in turn, touch the lives of so many. If I can be one-tenth the woman that Cindy is someday, then I have accomplished what I came here to this earth to do. Thank you Pat, for that most amazing gift. I hope you feel the constant prayers and love that we send your way

    Kelly Christiansen (and all the Christiansens :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family portrait....What a blessing to have everyone together.... It was such a pleasure being able to visit with Pat a week or so ago after picking Susie up from the auto shop... My aunt is so amazing in so many areas and has touched my heart on so many different occasions throughout my life! I have a lot of great memories and she has been such a great example to me..

    I love you VERY much aunt Pat, you are truly a hero to me in every sense of the word!

    LOve you,
    Your niece,
    Kristin or as you would always call me..KRISSY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to watch the video!! I wish I could have been there while you recorded them!

    ReplyDelete